This position exists to assist in fulfilling the mission of the Secretariat for Catechetical Formation and Education: to commit our expertise and energies to lead and assist those who carry out the educational and catechetical ministries of the Diocese of Cleveland. In carrying out this mission, the incumbent is expected to provide the accurate and timely completion of administrative support services to various staff of the Secretariat for Catechetical Formation and Education as assigned, observing proper security, confidentiality and protocol.
- ASSISTS with the preparation of training paid through Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD) Title funds and processes payment of Title I and Title IIA program expenses for urban Catholic schools.
- ATTENDS the Cleveland Municipal School District monthly meeting; takes minutes for the Joint Committee meeting and Urban Principals Advisory Committee; PARTICIPATES in other meetings, as requested;
- WORKS with the Teacher Support Services /Professional Development to coordinate and assist with New Teacher Orientation, LPDC meetings and Ohio Resident Educator program and materials.
- ARRANGES for accommodations and transportation for major speakers for Catechesis and Professional Development in-services; WORKS with different venues for payments of services provided; ACTS as major facilities contact for the Urban Conference and the annual Parish Catechetical Leader Retreat.
- ORDERS supplies for major events sponsored by Catechesis and Professional Development Department.
- FILLS requests for transcripts and other information from closed institutions.
- COMPLETES orders, INVENTORIES and DISTRIBUTES OCFE publications and school supplies to parishes and schools; INVOICES schools and parishes for all materials ordered; COMPILES annual inventory report for OCFE Finance Department.
- SERVES as receptionist at OCFE main window according to the schedule provided.
- Responds in a thorough and professional manner to all other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Practicing Catholic in good standing; committed to the Mission of the Church.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with competency in routine use of all office equipment
- High school diploma with at least three years administrative work experience, preferably in a school setting
- Proficiency in the use of Macintosh OS applications, especially Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, and FileMaker Pro and Adobe InDesign and Quicken
- Valid Ohio driver’s license and automobile.
SEND APPLICATIONS TO: Donna Speagle, Human Resources email@example.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Patricia Patterson
CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF CLEVELAND —
OFFICE OF CATECHETICAL FORMATION AND EDUCATION
1404 EAST 9TH STREET,
CLEVELAND, OH 44114