Click HERE to return to e-newsletter sign-up page.
Northeast Ohio Catholic Newsletter Sign-Up iPad Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A PURCHASE OR DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR LIKELIHOOD OF WINNING. THESE RULES GOVERN ALL ASPECTS OF PARTICIPATION AND PRIZE AWARDS.
- Sponsor. The Roman Catholic Diocese of Cleveland. This contest is not being sponsored by and is not affiliated with Apple, Inc.
- Eligibility. No purchase is necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is open to first-time subscribers to the free Northeast Ohio Catholic e-newsletter, who must also be residents who reside within the eight counties of the Diocese of Cleveland (Cuyahoga, Lake, Geauga, Lorain, Summit, Media, Wayne and Ashland counties) and who are 18 years of age or older, except employees of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Cleveland working at Cathedral Square Plaza, 1404 East 9th Street, Cleveland, Ohio 44114, and immediate family members, which is defined as including spouses, children, siblings and parents.
- Agreement to Official Rules. By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these official rules; and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Entry. Eligible participants will be entered to win by registering to receive the free Northeast Ohio Catholic e-newsletter. Registration and entry are accomplished by visiting the website of the Diocese of Cleveland (http://www.dioceseofcleveland.org/enewsletter/) and electronically submitting the e-newsletter subscription form to receive the Northeast Ohio Catholic e-newsletter by providing your email address, name, address, city, zip code, phone number and parish name.
- Time. For purposes of determining which registrants will be entered in the Sweepstakes, eligible participants will be included in the Sweepstakes only if they register for the Northeast Ohio Catholic e-newsletter between 12 a.m. Eastern Standard Time on March 1, 2017 and 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard time on March 31, 2017. The winner will be determined and notified no later than April, 4, 2017.
- Number of Entries. Only one entry per participant will be permitted.
- Determination of Winner. There will be one winner of the Sweepstakes (the “Winner”). Chances of winning are based on number of entries received. The Winner will be chosen at random among all eligible entries on March 31, 2017. The Winner will be notified by e-mail sent to the e-mail address provided in connection with registration. The Winner’s information (first name, last name initial and city of residence only) can be obtained by writing the Roman Catholic Diocese of Cleveland, Department of Communications, 1404 East 9th St., Cleveland, Ohio 44114 within six months from the date the Winner is selected.
- Prize. The prize consists of a new I-pad Air 2 with a cover selected by Sponsor. The estimated fair market value of the prize is $500. No substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prize is permitted. The winning prize is non-transferable to any other person, including relatives or friends.
- No Warranty. Winner agrees to accept the prize “as is” and without recourse to Sponsor with respect to any defect, injury, damage, or other problem that may arise or become apparent with respect to the prize. Sponsor disclaims any and all warranties with respect to the prize, including but not limited to any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose.
- Taxes. The value of the prize is included in the winner’s income, and Sponsor may be required to report the actual value of the prize to the Internal Revenue service. The winner agrees to provide his or her valid name, address, and Social Security number to Sponsor if required for tax reporting purposes. Winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes due in connection with the receipt of the prize.
- Winner’s responsibilities. As a condition and prior to being awarded a prize, the winner must execute an affidavit certifying, among other things, the winner’s age, eligibility and affirming the release of the Released Parties as described herein from any and all liability arising from, among other things: (i) participation in the Sweepstakes; (ii) acceptance of the prizes awarded therein; and (iii) the administration of the Sweepstakes and distribution of the prizes awarded therein.
- Privacy. Information provided to enter this sweepstakes will not be sold to third parties but may be shared as may be necessary for the purposes of conducting and judging the sweepstakes and awarding prizes. In connection with this sweepstakes, the Sponsor, and its affiliates, agents, or independent contractors may from time to time contact entrants via email concerning the sweepstakes and each entrant consents to receiving such communications via email.
- Consent to Publicity. In consideration for being awarded the prize, winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of winner’s name and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted except where prohibited by law.
- Indemnification. In consideration of the opportunity to enter this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to the fullest extent allowed by law to release, discharge, hold harmless and indemnify the Roman Catholic Diocese of Cleveland, the Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Cleveland, and their respective clergy, officers, employees, agents, representatives, attorneys, and volunteers (“Released Parties”) from and against all claims, judgments, liabilities, damages or causes of action (of any nature or extent) which in any way arise out of or relate to the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, (i) entrant’s participation; or (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the promotion.
- Miscellaneous Provisions. Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost/delayed/garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. The use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods of agents (including but not limited to, Sweepstakes entry services) are prohibited and will void all such entrant’s entries. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, this Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or suspend the Sweepstakes (or the online portion thereof, if applicable) and, in such event, to select a winner for the prize by randomly drawing from among all valid entries received, up to such time of cancellation, termination, or suspension, or solely from the valid entries received. Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud or other failure destroys the integrity of the Sweepstakes.
- Force Majeure. In the event the Released Parties are prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes by any occurrence beyond their control, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Released Parties’ control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), the Released Parties shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes.
- Subsequent Promotions. Entrants are only eligible to win one (1) prize per 90 day period from Sponsor regardless of the sweepstakes, giveaway, or promotion type. The 90 day period shall commence when the prize described herein is awarded.
- Governing Law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio without regard to the choice of law provisions thereof.