Be My Witness: Formation for the New Evangelization is a Christ-centered, Spirit-led process for parish renewal that draws its inspiration from The Joy of the Gospel, Pope Francis’ landmark document on evangelization.
About the Program
Be My Witness gets the conversation started in the parish about the single most important topic facing our Church today–evangelization.
It gives parish leaders the process and tools to build an ever-widening circle of conversion and commitment in two integrated phases.
- Phase 1 equips parish staff, leaders, and pastoral councils to lead mission-focused change.
- Phase 2 engages and forms parishioners as missionary disciples, ready to become partners in the New Evangelization.
The results are the pastoral plans and motivation needed to transform the parish into a “center of constant missionary outreach.”
Parishes are called to be “centers of constant missionary outreach.” When parish leaders recognize that evangelization truly matters — and then focus on what matters — they create a vibrant parish culture for encountering Jesus and making disciples.
Be My Witness is a unique, practical approach to equipping staff, pastoral councils, and key leaders to address this vital challenge.
In the first six months, RENEW International guides your parish leadership through the transformation process with training and consultation:
- Video-based learning modules with leader guides inspire, inform and provide planning activities and best practices
- RENEW parish assessment identifies opportunities to become more evangelizing
- RENEW’s training and consultation supports success in each parish success in each parish
Phase 1 modules are supported by The Evangelization Guide for Parish Leaders. This binder provides an in-depth explanation of the Be My Witness evangelization process detailing the roles and responsibilities of the parish leadership. Includes step-by-step guide pages, prayer experiences, and activity handouts for each meeting topic. In English and Spanish.
Phase 1: Becoming an Evangelizing Parish
- Presenting Be My Witness
- Forming a Leadership Community
- Evangelization Matters: The Vision of an Evangelizing Parish
- What Matters? RENEW Parish Assessment
- Sunday Matters: The Most Evangelizing Day of the Week
- Welcome Matters: Points of Hospitality
- Belonging Matters: Building Parish Engagement
- Witness Matters: Telling Your Faith Story
- Mission Matters: Reaching Out to the Margins
- Planning Matters: Living the Vision of an Evangelizing Parish
Phase 2 modules are supported by The Parish Small-Groups Implementation Guide. This binder presents an in-depth explanation of the small-group faith-sharing process, detailing the roles and responsibilities of the parish small-group team. Includes tips for publicity and invitation. In English and Spanish.
Phase 2: Launching a Parish Small-Group Process
- Four Easy Steps: Forming the Parish Small-Group Team
- Sign-Up Weekend: Climb Up to Sign Up!
- Facilitation Skills for Small-Group Leaders
Downloadable Resources available through RENEW International
English and Spanish Available
RENEW Webinar Available, Be My Witness Webinar, and Pastoral Support for Be My Witness
Be My Witness Information http://bemywitness.org/en/overview/
Be My Witness Pastoral Support https://bemywitness.org/en/resources/pastoral-support/
Be My Witness Webinar http://pages.bemywitness.org/information-session-webinar-landing
RENEW Training Webinar http://www.renewintl.org/Renew/home.nsf/vpages/sswebinar?OpenDocument
1232 George Street
Plainfield, NJ 07062-1717
Main phone: 908-769-5400
Toll-free orders: 888-433-3221