Forgiven: The Transforming Power of Confession is a video series that provides the Church’s teaching about the sacrament of Confession, including a practical “walk through” of what happens in the confessional and how every moment connects to Scripture, Catholic Tradition and God’s passionate desire to be with you.
About the Program
Forgiven comes in two editions, along with participant and leader guides.
The parish edition is perfect for sacramental preparation and includes helpful Catechetical methods and strategies to promote confession for parishioners. The home edition includes helpful tips for parents and a lively introduction to prepare children for their first confession.
6-disc Parish Edition session listing:
- Session 1: Where Are You? (31 minutes)*
- Session 2: An Encounter with Mercy (26 minutes)*
- Session 3: The Rite Explained (33 minutes)*
- For Children: How to Make a Good Confession (14 minutes)*
- Session 4: Biblical Foundations: Sin, Mercy, and the Sacrament of Confession (65 minutes)
- Session 5: Answering Common Questions about Confession (38 minutes)
- For Parents: Preparing Your Child for First Confession (44 minutes)
- For Catechists: Revealing Mercy in a Merciless World (48 minutes)
- For Parish Staff: Strategies on How to Promote Confession (37 minutes)
*English or Spanish available
Online Access available through subscription of Formed
Selected Videos Available in Spanish
Graduate School of Theology available at the Augustine Institute.
Forgiven Information https://www.augustineinstitute.org/forgiven/
Augustine Institute Graduate School https://www.augustineinstitute.org/graduate-school/welcome/
The Augustine Institute
6160 S. Syracuse Way
Greenwood Village, CO 80111