Holy Queen: The Mother of God in the Word of God is a biblical course which explores Catholic’s devotion to Mary through studying her pivotal role in salvation resulting in a deeper love for and greater appreciation of the Blessed Mother.
About the Program
The Mother of Jesus is mentioned only about a dozen times in the New Testament. So why is Mary so important to Catholic faith and devotion?
As we’ll see in this in-depth study, Mary is a key gateway into salvation history. The Bible portrays Mary as the all-holy one who gave the Word flesh, the Mother of God, and the spiritual mother of all who live by faith in her Son.
We begin by learning how to read the Old Testament the way Jesus taught the Apostles to read it – as containing “types” that foreshadow and prepare His coming in the New Testament. Ranging widely through the Old Testament, we’ll explore the essential biblical “types” of Mary. We’ll see how she is depicted as the new Eve, the new Ark of the Covenant, and the new Queen Mother of the Kingdom of God. We’ll see how at critical junctures in salvation history, the figure of Mary is foreshadowed and anticipated.
We also explore the biblical basis for key Catholic doctrines and dogmas regarding Mary – her Immaculate Conception, perpetual virginity and Assumption into heaven.
- A Biblical Introduction to Mary
- Wedding at Cana, Garden in Eden
- The Ark of the New Covenant
- Mother Crowned in Glory
- The All-Holy Mother of God
- The Queen Assumed into Heaven
- To understand the biblical basis for Catholic faith and devotion to Mary.
- To understand Mary’s pivotal role in God’s plan of salvation as that plan is presented in the Bible and Church teaching.
- To gain new appreciation for Mary’s importance in the family of God, and be able to express that more faithfully and intelligently in prayer, devotion, and personal witness.
Courses are free! But we do ask that you register. You will be prompted for your E-mail Address and directed to a page where you will be asked for your Name, E-mail Address, Address and Phone Number. This is for our informational purposes only. We will not lend or sell your contact information to anyone else. Thanks for your cooperation. Important Note: You only have to register once. Once you have registered you are registered for all the courses.
Reading the Old Testament in the New: https://stpaulcenter.com/studies/courses/reading-the-old-testament-in-the-new-the-gospel-of-matthew
St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology
1468 Parkview Circle
Steubenville, OH 43952
(740) 264-9535 phone
(740) 283-4011 fax