MANDATORY PERSONNEL FORMS
New Hires are required by law to complete the following forms:
This form is required so that employers can withhold the correct federal income tax from employees’ pay. More information and forms can be obtained at http://www.irs.gov/or by calling
**Please look at the Payroll Forms below to find specific and direct links to information.
Ohio Form IT-4
This form must be completed to determine the appropriate level of state income tax to withhold from earnings. More information and forms can be obtained from the Ohio Department of Taxation at http://tax.ohio.gov or by calling (614) 846-6712 or (800) 282-1782. (Please note that numerous cities impose local income taxes that must be withheld from employees’ wages as well).
Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification
This form is issued by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This form must be completed within three days of hire. The employee must show the employer original documents that verify identity and work authorization. A list of acceptable documents appears on the back of the form. More information and forms can be obtained at http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf or by calling (800) 870-3676.
OHIO NEW HIRE REPORTING
All Employers must report newly hired and re-hired employees to a state directory within 20 days of their hire date. New hire reporting is used to assist in collecting child support. In addition, fraudulent unemployment insurance, workers compensation, and welfare benefit payments can be quickly detected. You may already be reporting automatically through your payroll provider. Contact them if you are not sure. The State of Ohio asks for the following information:
Employer’s Federal Employer Identification Number, Employer’s Name, Employer’s Address, Employee’s Full Name, Address, Social Security Number, Date of Birth, and Date of Hire/Rehire/Return to Work
|Mail Reports to:
or Ohio New Hire Reporting Center
P.O. Box 15309
Columbus, OH 43215-0309
|Fax Reports to:
Toll-free: (888) 872-1611
Use their website – click HERE
More information and forms can be obtained at or by calling (614) 221-5330 or (888) 872-1490.
If you have any questions on the above, please contact the Diocesan Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (216) 696-6525, ext. 8760.
**Please feel free to click the links below to search for additional forms and tax information:
- IRS Tax Guide for Churches and Religious Organizations http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p1828.pdf
- IRS Publication 15-A Employer’s Supplemental Tax Guide http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p15a.pdf
- State of Ohio Tax Forms Search http://dw.ohio.gov/tax/dynamicforms/
- Administration for Children and Families Home Page http://www.acf.dhhs.gov/
- Financial Management Service U. S. Dept. of Treasury http://www.fms.treas.gov/
- Internal Revenue Service http://www.irs.gov/
- Internal Revenue Service Form 941 Instructions http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i941.pdf
- IRS Circular E (Publication 15) http://www.irs.gov/publications/p15/index.html
- Ohio Department of Job and Family Services http://jfs.ohio.gov/
- Ohio Department of Taxation http://tax.ohio.gov
- Regional Income Tax http://www.ritaohio.com/
- Social Security Administration http://www.ssa.gov/
- State of Ohio http://ohio.gov/
- United States Department of Labor http://www.dol.gov/
- City of Cleveland, Central Collection Agency, Division of Taxation http://www.ccatax.ci.cleveland.oh.us/