Once again, the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops is encouraging Catholics across our country to enter into the period of the two weeks leading up to the Fourth of July with a strong focus on prayer, education, and reflection on our first freedom, freedom of religion.
The Conference has provided some very helpful items to assist us in making these
days very special opportunities for prayer, education, and reflection.
Among the items offered by the USCCB are:
- Visit the USCCB’s Fortnight for Freedom page for a variety of resources about the fortnight.
- Daily Reflections for each day of the Fortnight which can be used personally for a
better understanding of the importance of what is exactly at stake and/or be used
for the people’s benefit either as items in the bulletin or in homilies based on the
reflections. ENGLISH | SPANISH
- A Litany for Liberty which can be prayed either in a group setting led by a leader
or prayed on one’s own. ENGLISH | SPANISH
- Fact Sheets – available in both English and Spanish.
- A sheet including Prayers of the Faithful for respect for all human life, for
strengthening marriage and family life, and for the preservation of religious
liberty. ENGLISH | SPANISH
Click HERE for additional prayer resources from the USCCB.