Check your mailbox: the March/April issue of Northeast Ohio Catholic, the official magazine of the Diocese of Cleveland should be arriving this week.
Inside there are a variety of stories, including:
- Changes in the diocese: take a look at the highlights of Bishop Richard Lennon’s 10½ years in Cleveland and meet Toledo Bishop Daniel Thomas who was appointed by Pope Francis as apostolic administrator of the diocese while the bishop’s office is vacant.
- Learn about the process for appointment a bishop.
- Faith, family and pride are intertwined in the Irish community, which will celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with the 175th anniversary of the St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Cleveland.
- Get a look at the parishes that served a predominately Irish population in the early years of the Cleveland diocese.
- Check out the recipe for Irish wheat bread.
- Get an explanation of Lent and its current rules and the “mother of all vigils,” the Easter Vigil.
- There’s a behind-the-scenes look at how paschal candles are made.
- Plus the regular features: event listings, clergy assignment changes, obituaries and local news briefs.