Position Description at the Jesuit Retreat House (JRH)
5629 State Road, Parma, OH 44134
Position Summary: This is a full-time salaried position focusing on the overall development and promotion of retreats and programs of the Jesuit Retreat House (JRH). This person works directly with the Executive Director and serves on the Leadership Team.
An opportunity to make a difference in the most important areas of people’s lives!
JRH Mission and Overview:
JRH is a Catholic, non-profit organization. Our Mission Statement is as follows:
Inspired by the Gospel of Jesus Christ, rooted in the spirituality of St. Ignatius,
Jesuit Retreat House provides a sacred setting for outreach, retreats and programs
of growth and development for people in the contemporary Church and society.
JRH is the first and longest continuing place in the United States providing retreats for the laity. Building upon our 120-year legacy beginning in 1898, JRH is a growing, vibrant organization and serves over 6,000 people each year. We offer a range of day, evening and overnight retreats and programs that serve youth and adults from Catholic, Christian and other spiritual backgrounds.
We provide a place of peace, prayer and reflection where people can ponder the deepest and
most important questions in their lives and find greater meaning and direction.
Coordinate all aspects of planning, development, implementation and evaluation of retreats and programs in collaboration with JRH staff and committees, with a particular emphasis on relevant topics and leaders.
2. Oversee all programmatic components of Ignatian Outreach & Formation/Lay Leadership programs held at JRH and in local parishes and congregations, and Jesuit institutional partners, with a particular focus on the sustainability and viability of individual programs.
3. Coordinate all aspects of the bi-annual 2-day conference, Ignatian Currents held at JRH.
4. Coordinate and provide support for the on-going bi-annual series of formation programs of the lay leaders who facilitate the retreats and programs offered by Jesuit Retreat House (program facilitators, spiritual directors, retreat leaders, pastoral ministers and those who have made the full Spiritual Exercises).
5. Support marketing/communication strategies and operations for all areas of programming.
6. Coordinate a Marketing/Communications Committee of staff and volunteers which meets with leaders of institutions and groups to promote and develop commitments to onsite and offsite retreats and programs.
7. Develop and oversee an annual budget for Ignatian Outreach Retreats/Programs with Executive Director.
8. Coordinate and facilitate the Lay Leadership Advisory Committee which meets tri-annually.
9. Coordinate and facilitate the Ignatian Spirituality Collaborative which meets tri-annually and is comprised of 12 Ignatian member organizations from northeast Ohio.
10. Participate in monthly Jesuit Retreat House Administrative Staff Meetings and engage in other Jesuit Retreat House initiatives as discerned by the Executive Director.
11. Provide support and participate in JRH Development events (e.g. annual thank you event, Hearts on Fire)
12. Provide support for liturgical events related to JRH programs (e.g. Advent, Lent, St. Ignatius Feast Day)
13. Provide support for planning and implementing Individually Directed Retreats and Spiritual Direction.
Master’s degree in theology, pastoral ministry, or education, or comparable formation and experience.
Demonstrated success in program development and implementation.
Strong interpersonal and group communications skills.
Proven skill in administration and collaborative teamwork.
Experience with and understanding of Ignatian spirituality.
Experience in teaching and/or training and development, especially re: the spiritual formation of adults.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, and paid time off and holidays.
Requested Documents: Cover Letter, Resume, List of References.
Applicants are asked to submit the required documents to Barbara Leggott at the address above or by email (in Microsoft Word or PDF attachment) at JRHHumanResources@gmail.com as soon as possible and by August 27. We will continue to accept applications until the position is filled