The Archives of the Diocese of Cleveland holds sacramental registers from closed parishes and institutions. Due to the personal and confidential nature of the information it is Diocesan policy that sacramental registers created after 1930 are not available to the public
The following individuals may, however, request and obtain certified copies of sacramental certificates by completing the form below:
- The recipient of the sacrament;
- If the recipient of the sacrament is currently a minor, the minor’s parents;
- If the recipient of the sacrament currently has a legal guardian, the legal guardian;
- If the recipient of the sacrament is deceased, an immediate relative;
- Requesting church institutions;
- Persons who demonstrate a legitimate reason for requesting the record.
Information from sacramental registers created prior 1930 is available to the general public for research purposes. Staff members from the archives are available to do genealogical research on a time available basis only.
To request a sacramental record or other information please complete the form below.