Our Lady School, a new Catholic Classical Liberal Arts K-8 elementary school in the Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend, invites inquiries and applications for the following full-time teaching ministry positions for the 2016-2017 school year:
The ideal candidates will possess, or be able to obtain, an Indiana teaching certificate; have a virtuous public and private life faithful to the Magisterial teachings of the Catholic Church; and be committed to his/her own life-long-learning. Other qualifications include exemplary communication skills, the ability to engage parents as the primary educators of their children, and effectively manage the classroom.
Our Lady will employ classical teaching methods (particularly in relation to the grammar and logic stages), integrated curricular design, team work to support students and other staff, and reliance upon primary texts and materials. For more information about Our Lady School and its mission, please go to our Facebook page (“OurLadySchoolFW”) or our webpage (www.olghfw.com.
Teachers participate in the ministry of the pastor of Our Lady of Good Hope, and must be in good standing with the Catholic Church.
To apply, please provide the following materials:
- cover letter and CV/resume
- a brief explanation of your familiarity with classical teaching methods and your relationship to the Church and her teachings
- transcripts from each college or university you have attended
- a copy of your teaching license or statement as to how you will be able to obtain an Indiana teaching certificate
- 3 letters of recommendation, one of which must be from your pastor.
Application screening and interviews will commence immediately and continue on a rolling basis. Send application materials to:
Dr. Eric Grekowicz, OP, Our Lady School, 7215 Saint Joe Rd., Fort Wayne, IN 46835