The May/June issue of Northeast Ohio Catholic magazine is on its way to mailboxes throughout the eight-county Diocese of Cleveland.
Here’s a preview of what you’ll find in the new issue:
- The faith community at Magnificat High School and beyond rallied behind the Barr family when sisters Sophia and Sierra were critically injured in a car crash last fall. Read about the role faith played in their miraculous recovery.
- Just in time for Father’s Day, three generations of Schultz family “fathers” – grandfather, dad and Father Patrick – talk about their bonds of faith and family.
- Get a look at the eight men who will be ordained to the priesthood on May 19.
- The Diocese of Cleveland celebrated its 170th anniversary last month. Check out the story for some interesting history about the diocese.
- Refugee and immigration issues continue to make news. Phillip, a Catholic refugee from the Democratic Republic of Congo, shares his story and the Catholic bishops of Ohio speak out on the issues.
- The Rock AM 1260, Cleveland’s Catholic radio station and an affiliate of EWTN, is celebrating its second year on the air.
- Martin de Porres High School is building a new school building with some help from an alumnus and a student who is assisting with the project as his work study assignment.
- A special report takes a look at the 100th anniversary of the appearance of Mary to three young Portuguese children in Fatima.
A digital, page-turn version of the magazine and archived copies of previous issues can be accessed at dioceseofcleveland.org/northeastohiocatholic.