Administrative Assistant for the Catholic Community Foundation
Catholic Community Foundation - Cleveland, Ohio
THE CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF CLEVELAND
Temporary (1 Year) Full-time position
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT FOR THE CATHOLIC COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
The Catholic Diocese of Cleveland was founded on April 23, 1847. Under the leadership of the Most Reverend Nelson Perez, bishop of Cleveland, it is the twenty-third largest diocese in the United States. The diocese encompasses the counties of Cuyahoga, Summit, Lorain, Lake, Geauga, Medina, Wayne and Ashland. There are more than 677,000 Catholics in the Diocese, and Catholic Charities- Diocese of Cleveland is one of the largest diocesan systems of social services in the world. There are 185 parishes, 110 Catholic schools, 1 pastoral center and 1 mission office within the diocese. The cathedral is the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist, located in downtown Cleveland.
Please go to our website, www.dioceseofcleveland.org, for more information about the mission, persons, and ministries within our diocese.
The mission of the Catholic Community Foundation is to foster faith-based stewardship in the community for the spiritual, educational and charitable needs of all.
- Provides excellent professional, administrative, secretarial and clerical support to the Catholic Community Foundation, in particular to the team leading the Heart of the Shepherd campaign.
- Plans, prioritizes, and organizes the diversified office support needs.
- Prepare correspondence, operate a variety of office technology hardware and software, file, and copying.
- Accurately completes data entry into complex integrated system and uses software to run reports, track donations, and facilitates other needs.
- Manage the high volume of phone calls, demonstrating tact, confidentiality, professionalism, and responsive and supportive follow-up.
- Serves as a resource person in response to inquiries; responds where appropriate or directs inquiries to proper personnel.
- Provide welcome and hospitable reception to visitors and staff.
- Using Diocesan protocol, track correspondence and maintain proper file retention.
- Assist with planning and coordinating meetings.
- Keep accurate calendars for the Heart of the Shepherd campaign and assist with tracking schedules for various staff.
- Facilitate financial payments, and maintain budget and expense accounts. Facilitate and process check requests. Assists in preparing and monitoring budget.
- Coordinate sufficient supply inventory for the office.
- Support the Foundation in cyclical projects, facilitating the planning and details for the various events, workshops, luncheons, special events and special projects.
- Coordinate and create timely communications as directed.
- Knowledge of the Catholic Church, the Catholic faith, and Clergy of the Catholic Church. Strong alignment with and support of the values, teachings, and traditions of the Catholic Church.
- Associate’s Degree or two years of higher education. Bachelor’s degree or equivalency preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years training in business, office administration, or secretarial responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information, and to handle calls and contacts of sensitive nature.
- Enthusiasm for serving in a variety of offices and supporting a variety of initiatives as needed.
- Excellent time management to successfully accomplish diverse and changing workload and responsibilities.
- Excellent skills in preparing and formatting written correspondence and documents.
- Experience and proficiency with a variety of software, data management, websites, etc. Must possess a high level of proficiency with in Word and Excel. Experience in Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Experience and excellent skills in using Outlook email functions and calendaring features.
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Dependability and accuracy in completing work assignments in a timely manner.
- Capacity and enthusiasm for being flexible and collaborative with other staff members.
- Dedicated to providing a highly professional experience and to positively contribute to an office environment and culture of respect, courtesy, confidentiality, empathy, and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in successful event management from small meetings to large-scale events.
- Demonstrated accuracy and efficiency in managing departmental invoices and completing payment processes established by the Catholic Community Foundation and the finance team.
This is a non-exempt position.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references and completed Diocese of Cleveland Employment Application using the link below. Position will remain open until filled. Deadline to submit an application for first consideration for interview is January 24, 2020.