Administrative Assistant, Office of Ongoing Formation for Clergy, Catholic Diocese of Cleveland
Office of Ongoing Formation for Clergy - Cleveland , Ohio
The Catholic Diocese of Cleveland
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, OFFICE OF ONGOING FORMATION FOR CLERGY
(PART-TIME, 20 HOURS PER WEEK)
The Catholic Diocese of Cleveland was founded on April 23, 1847. Under the leadership of the Most Reverend Edward C. Malesic, Bishop of Cleveland, it is the twenty-third largest diocese in the United States. The diocese encompasses the counties of Cuyahoga, Summit, Lorain, Lake, Geauga, Medina, Wayne and Ashland. There are more than 670,000 Catholics in the Diocese, and Catholic Charities- Diocese of Cleveland is one of the largest diocesan systems of social services in the world. There are 185 parishes, 110 Catholic schools, 1 pastoral center and 1 mission office within the diocese. The cathedral is the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist, located in downtown Cleveland. Members of the diocesan staff support the Bishop in ministering to the people of God by working together to provide vision, leadership and service to continue the mission of Jesus to transform the world. As a community, they are committed to live by the values of faith, dignity, stewardship and justice.
The Catholic Diocese of Cleveland is currently seeking an administrative assistant to support the Office of Ongoing Formation for Clergy (OOFC.) The position primarily performs secretarial duties and administrative tasks such as typing, computer operation, (ie. Word Processing; database management, Desktop Publishing, etc.); prepares and organizes conference sites and materials; coordinates office events and maintains calendar(s); schedules meetings as needed; maintains office’s social media platforms; and administers distribution allowances for various grants and sabbatical initiatives. The position reports to the Director of the Office of Ongoing Formation for Clergy.
1. Performs all clerical functions and tends to business details for the OOFC office
2. Plans own secretarial work; sets deadlines; maintains special files and records
3. Administers sabbatical and other grants-based funds
4. Assists the Director with the development, implementation, administration, and logistical details toward successful execution of all the programming offered by the OOFC
5. Serves as secretary to certain committee, boards, and other areas as needed
6. Handles confidential material and information for clergy formational development
7. Maintains website content, updating and editing events and information
8. Creates materials using desktop publishing software; work with outside graphic artists as directed
9. Maintains awareness of and seeks out events and opportunities provided by other Diocesan offices to recommend for potential collaboration with the OOFC
10. Serves as contact and support person for board members and other personnel on matters relative to program development.
11. Proactively collaborates with other Diocesan personnel in support of excellence in programming
12. Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed
13. Oversees the financial management of the office (including billing, budgeting, grants, funds, and related transactions)
1. Demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic Church, its teachings and traditions. Strong Commitment to the mission, ministry and evangelization charge of the Catholic Church
2. Experience or demonstrated familiarity with the life and ministry of priests and deacons
3. A minimum of five years secretarial or office administration experience
4. A minimum of two years in a clerical or other-office supervisory role
5. Experienced in current business and office management practices and multifaceted administration methods
6. Associate’s degree or post-secondary education or training in office administration, business, or other related field
7. Excellent technical skills, speed, and accuracy in word processing, desktop publishing, database management, website coordination, and spreadsheet programs. Typing speed minimum of 60 wpm.
8. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
9. Strong collaboration and organizational skills and attention to detail
10. Demonstrated familiarity with social media and general communications culture
11. Must be capable of maintaining a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
For Consideration: Submit a cover letter, resume, and completed Diocese of Cleveland Employment Application using the below form. Position will remain open until filled.