Associate Director for Marriage Formation and Enrichment, Catholic Diocese of Cleveland
Cathedral Square Plaza
Marriage and Family Office - Cleveland, Ohio
THE CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF CLEVELAND
Associate Director for Marriage Formation and Enrichment
The Catholic Diocese of Cleveland was founded on April 23, 1847. It is the twenty-third largest diocese in the United States. Under the leadership of the Most Reverend Edward J. Malesic, the diocese encompasses the counties of Cuyahoga, Summit, Lorain, Lake, Geauga, Medina, Wayne and Ashland. There are more than 670,000 Catholics in the Diocese, and Catholic Charities. There are 184 parishes, 110 Catholic schools, 1 pastoral center and 1 mission office within the diocese. The cathedral is the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist, located in downtown Cleveland. Members of the diocesan staff support the Bishop in ministering to the people of God by working together to provide vision, leadership and service to continue the mission of Jesus to transform the world. As a community, they are committed to live by the values of faith, dignity, stewardship and justice.
The Associate Director for Marriage Formation and Enrichment supports the work of the Office of Marriage and Family Ministry and works with the Director to educate and be a resource to all parishes regarding the promotion and enhancement of marriage and family life. The Associate Director will have primary responsibility for the development and implementation of initiatives in the areas of marriage preparation and formation, marriage enrichment, and family planning and education. The Associate Director will coordinate and oversee formation programs for married and engaged couples in parishes and marriage ministry groups throughout the diocese.
- Works closely with the Director of Marriage and Family to promote a comprehensive vision that supports single persons, couples and families at all life stages, strengthens their faith life, and nurtures generational connections.
- Offers accompaniment, support, and training to parishes so they adequately prepare couples for marriage and comply with the diocesan guidelines for marriage preparation.
- Coordinates training in Prepare-Enrich, marriage preparation and other related programs (coordinates the trainings and certification processes of these programs).
- Initiates and supports marriage initiatives, projects and opportunities for couples - gatherings, workshops, trainings, conferences and/or retreats - that foster and focus on evangelization and catechesis.
- Maintains awareness of all relevant documents from the Holy See and USCCB.
- Functions as diocesan Natural Family Planning (NFP) coordinator.
- Initiates, develops and resources partnerships with diocesan offices, ministry groups and Catholic organizations to strengthen marriages and families.
- Collaborates, advises, and engages with other departments, parishes and ecclesial movements as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget and maintains accurate files.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- A practicing Catholic in full communion with the Church who is committed to the teachings, values, and traditions of the Catholic Church.
- A bachelor’s degree in theology, marriage and family ministry, religious studies, or related fields. Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and support people with diverse ethnic, social, cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Skills for recruiting, training, supporting and building teams of ministry volunteers.
- Exemplary communication skills, both oral and written.
- At least 5 years of experience in parish ministry, with increasing ministry leadership responsibilities.
- Manifest a passion for the Church's teaching on marriage and family and supporting married couples in their vocation to holiness as spouses and parents.
- Be attuned to the feelings and needs of couples and sensitive to the real situations and concrete concerns of families.
- Must have the ability to recognize sensitive information and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Exhibit a strong capacity for creative and confident problem solving.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and a completed Diocese of Cleveland Employment application, including contact information for three (3) professional references using the below form. Application must be completed in full, please avoid advising to “see resume” within any application fields. Position will remain open until filled.