Business Manager, St. Gabriel Parish, Concord
Position: Business Manager
Supervisor Title: Pastor
PRIMARY FUNCTION Responsible for financial control of the Parish, maintain financial records in accordance with diocesan guidelines, maintain Parish computer systems and provide financial guidance to the pastor, members of the pastoral staff and key lay leaders of the Parish. Act as a permanent advisor to the Parish Finance Council.
- Maintain and control the Parish financial records in accordance with the diocesan guidelines.
- Responsible for cash management for the Parish including establishing controls for safeguarding cash receipts and disbursements of funds. Reconcile bank accounts for Parish operating accounts. Control over Parish credit cards. Provide financial control framework for Parish ministries.
- Responsible for compliance with all federal and state laws regarding payroll and personnel administration.
- Maintain and control Parish computer systems to insure adequate resources and security to manage Parish data records. Recommend computer software as required.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports as required by the Pastor, Parish Finance Council and the Diocese of Cleveland.
- Preparation of annual Parish budgets and cash forecasts.
- Development of relationships with vendors and suppliers including the negotiation of service contracts, leases and major purchases of equipment and supplies, for the Pastor's signature.
- Follow establish accounting policies, procedures and controls including compliance with Diocesan guidelines
- Directs Bookkeeper position.
- Work with Maintenance Manager position, who is responsible for the physical property, building maintenance, operation, and custodial functions for operational and capital needs.
- Manage and coordinate the rental of Parish facilities.
- Permanent member of the Food Bank Board.
- Maintain accounting records for the Lake Geauga Divorced and Separated board.
- Maintain accounting records for St. Gabriel Endowment Fund.
- Perform additional responsibilities as needed or directed by the Pastor
- A Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Business with five (5) years of professional experience.
- Training and experience with computer systems. Knowledge with QuickBooks and PDS a plus.
- Previous experience working with at parish staff preferred
- Include Salary Requirement in response
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and three references using the form below.