Creative Project Coordinator, Secretariat for Parish Life
Parish Life - Cleveland, Ohio
THE CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF CLEVELAND
Creative Project Coordinator
Secretariat for Parish Life
The Catholic Diocese of Cleveland was founded on April 23, 1847. It is the twenty-third largest diocese in the United States. Under the leadership of the Most Reverend Edward J. Malesic, the diocese encompasses the counties of Cuyahoga, Summit, Lorain, Lake, Geauga, Medina, Wayne and Ashland. There are more than 670,000 Catholics in the Diocese, and Catholic Charities. There are 184 parishes, 110 Catholic schools, 1 pastoral center and 1 mission office within the diocese. The cathedral is the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist, located in downtown Cleveland. Members of the diocesan staff support the Bishop in ministering to the people of God by working together to provide vision, leadership and service to continue the mission of Jesus to transform the world. As a community, they are committed to live by the values of faith, dignity, stewardship and justice.
Please go to our website, www.dioceseofcleveland.org, for more information about the mission, persons, and ministries of our diocese.
The Creative Project Coordinator will assist with carrying out the mission of the Secretariat for Parish Life and Special Ministries. As a member of the Parish Life team, the Creative Project Coordinator will work with an integrated administrative team across a variety of projects and functions to support ministries by creating, improving and maintaining content across digital media – including website and email communications, and social media – and developing promotional materials. The ideal candidate will be mission-oriented, creative, innovative, resourceful, and results-oriented. Applicants should be able to work in a fast-paced environment. This position will involve working some nights and weekends.
The Secretariat for Parish Life & Special Ministries includes the offices of Youth Ministry, Young Adult Ministry, Marriage & Family Ministry, Human Life, Child Protection, Hispanic Ministry, African American Catholic Ministry, Lay Ecclesial Ministry, Interfaith & Ecumenical Affairs and Missionary Discipleship.
- General administrative duties, including handling phone calls, preparing correspondence, maintaining proper file retention, etc.
- Develop and implement a media calendar including creating, curating, and publishing content to advance the mission of Parish Life ministries and programs.
- Design and publish email newsletters and other occasional email blasts as needed.
- Design flyers, brochures, social media graphics, and virtual spaces.
- Monitor and respond to social media comments and feedback.
- Support content updates on the Parish Life website and assist with proofreading.
- Support event planning for in-person, hybrid, and virtual events.
- Serve as liaison with the Communications Office to promote programs and events.
- Team player, able to work in a collaborative environment.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Familiarity or knowledge of the Catholic Church, its teachings and traditions. Strong commitment to the teachings, traditions and missionary impulse of the Catholic Church.
- Bachelor’s degree in digital media, marketing, or a related field.
- At least two years of experience in social media and digital marketing, event planning, and outreach.
- Must have strong graphics design skills and knack for creating compelling visual content.
- Solid knowledge of design and editing programs such as Canva, InDesign, Photoshop, and Final Cut Pro.
- Knowledge of web design and content management systems.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – writing samples will be requested.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask as this role will handle multiple projects at one time.
- Self-motivated and proactive, willing to take the extra step.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and a completed Diocese of Cleveland Employment application, including contact information for three (3) professional references using the below form. Application must be completed in full, please avoid advising to “see resume” within any application fields. Position will remain open until filled.