Director of Catechesis for Children, St. Mary Parish
St. Mary in Hudson
ST. MARY PARISH
340 NORTH MAIN STREET
HUDSON, OH 44236
DIRECTOR OF CATECHESIS FOR CHILDREN
Full-time exempt status position
The Director of Catechesis for children is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of faith formation programs and processes for children in Kindergarten – Grade 5.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To assess catechetical needs, plan, design, implement and evaluate a comprehensive vision for parish catechetical programs for children in Kindergarten through Grade 5.
- To provide and supervise programs including but not limited to:
- a. Family Faith Formation
- b. Weekly PSR class
- c. Sacramental Preparation for First Reconciliation and First Communion
- d. Children's Liturgy of the Word
- e. Vacation Bible School
- To recruit catechists and other volunteers and provide for their training, formation, ongoing development, supervision, and evaluation.
- To conduct annual registration process.
- To facilitate parent and catechist meetings and workshops.
- To research, review and purchase appropriate texts and supplementary materials.
- To ensure programs are in conformity with Diocesan catechetical and child safety directives.
- To develop the annual calendar for catechetical sessions and special events.
- Provide and monitor, in consultation with the pastor and parish finance council, an annual budget.
- To attend Pastoral Staff Meetings and other Parish or Diocesan meetings as required by the pastor.
- To organize, supervise, and maintain the parish Catechetical Office.
- Update the parish website for the Elementary Parish School of Religion Program.
- To maintain those parish records determined necessary by the pastor and diocesan policy.
- Serves as a liaison with the diocesan Office for Catechetical Formation and their programs, services, and resources.
- To perform other duties related to catechesis and faith formation at the request of the pastor.
- A practicing Roman Catholic who is in full communion with the Church.
- A degree in religious education, theology or related field, or a Master Catechist certificate certification from the Diocese of Cleveland.
- Experience in administration and catechesis.
- Strong planning and organizational skills as well as interpersonal and communication skills compatible with the culture of a Roman Catholic Parish.
- Ability to work in a team environment (professional and support staff, as well as volunteers) and the ability to work independently as required.
- Competence in current technology (specifically MS Office Products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher) and contemporary means of communicating (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Flexibility and availability for evenings and weekends as necessary for programs and events.
This position is considered full time with consideration given to flexible working hours to accommodate the parish and the various ministry responsibilities.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION: Submit cover letter, resume, contact information for 3 professional references, AND the completed application for employment to Fr. Lawrence Jurcak using the below form.
Position will remain open until filled.