Elementary Teacher (Grade 4) - Our Lady of the Elms
Our Lady of the Elms
- Akron, Ohio
Qualifications: Hold a valid Ohio certificate or license, as issued by the Ohio State Department of Education, Division of Teacher Education and Certification, pursuant to ORC 3319.22 to 3319.31, or in accordance with standards authorized by law.
Position: Full-time, Classroom Teacher Our Lady of the Elms seeks a full-time 4th grade school teacher to plan, organize and implement in an elementary learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
Work is performed under the supervision of the Dean of Academics.
Candidates for the position should forward a cover letter outlining interest in and qualifications for the position as well as a resume and names and contact information for three professional references to Ms. Betsy Stewart at email@example.com Position open until filled.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid Ohio teaching license including 4-9 certification
- The ideal candidate is a practicing Roman Catholic; though all applicants will be considered.
- Appropriate criminal records check by the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation and Federal Bureau of Investigation
- VIRTUS trained or in the process of training
- Committed to the education of young women
- Engaged in continual professional development
- Operates from a stance of what is in the best interests of the student(s)
- Proficiency in the use of computer software and programs
- Articulate the mission and vision of Our Lady of the Elms to students, parents, and the greater community
- Create a classroom environment in which every child can succeed and which establishes high academic and behavior standards
- Establish a positive rapport with students and parents
- Demonstrate high proficiency and expertise in content areas
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students
- Teach all approved curricula - Maintain a safe classroom environment
- Use standardized test data to make instructional decisions
- Prepare and maintain appropriate records and progress reports
- Help to promote and maintain a professional environment
- Be supportive and collaborative with colleagues and administrators
- Participate successfully in the faculty professional development and evaluation system
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably assigned