Math Teacher, Elyria Catholic High School
Elyria Catholic High School
Catholic Schools - Elyria, Ohio
ELYRIA CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL
DIOCESE OF CLEVELAND
Elyria Catholic High School seeks a full-time Math Teacher for the 2022-23 school year.
Responsibilities include teaching math.
The ideal candidate will:
- Instill student enthusiasm for math.
- Create an atmosphere in which students feel safe and welcomed.
- Enjoy working with students in the classroom.
- Use a variety of engaging instructional strategies to assist students with learning and in meeting course standards.
- Monitor the progress of individual students and provide feedback to students and parents.
- Support students with academic issues and provide encouragement.
- Regularly communicate necessary information to students, team members, and supervisors regarding students’ needs.
- Work collaboratively with staff for the good of students and the school.
- Desire to grow professionally by partaking in professional development.
The ideal candidate for this position believes:
- Students are granted individual gifts and talents by God to do his work. It is the teacher’s responsibility to develop and foster them.
- As parents and guardians are the primary educators of their children, teachers must give them the encouragement and opportunity to participate in their child’s intellectual, social, and spiritual formation.
- The teacher’s primary role is to develop the whole person by passing on the Catholic faith, teaching Gospel values, and providing academic excellence.
- All students can learn. It is the teacher’s responsibility to provide a variety of instructional approaches to meet learning styles.
- He or she must foster a love of learning to encourage students to live a life of service to God and others.
Qualifications for this position:
- Valid Ohio teaching license in Math
- VIRTUS certification and FBI/BCI background check
Elyria Catholic High School, founded in 1947, is the only co-educational Catholic high school on the west side of Cleveland. Having educated multiple generations of families with a nurturing environment and personalized approach to education, Elyria Catholic surrounds its students with an engaged community of teachers, parents, alumni, donors, and friends who take great pride in their successes and feel a profound sense of commitment to support them both inside and outside of the classroom. Proud to be an EdChoice, Jon Peterson, and Autism Scholarship provider, Elyria Catholic continues to nurture a learning environment which allows students to discover their unique gifts and be inspired to pursue their own path to academic, athletic, social and spiritual development.
Elyria Catholic High School (ECHS) is a Diocesan–owned, comprehensive, coeducational, Catholic high school committed to academic excellence and the development of student gifts. Enrollment continues to grow and comprises of 458 students in grades 9 through 12.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a completed Diocesan Employment Application, including contact information for three references by April 1, 2022. Please refrain from stating "see resume" on the application.