Project Coordinator, Office for Human Life
Parish Life - Cleveland, Ohio
THE CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF CLEVELAND
Office for Human Life
The Catholic Diocese of Cleveland was founded on April 23, 1847. It is the twenty-third largest diocese in the United States. Under the leadership of the Most Reverend Edward J. Malesic, the diocese encompasses the counties of Cuyahoga, Summit, Lorain, Lake, Geauga, Medina, Wayne and Ashland. There are more than 670,000 Catholics in the Diocese, and Catholic Charities. There are 184 parishes, 110 Catholic schools, 1 pastoral center and 1 mission office within the diocese. The cathedral is the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist, located in downtown Cleveland. Members of the diocesan staff support the Bishop in ministering to the people of God by working together to provide vision, leadership and service to continue the mission of Jesus to transform the world. As a community, they are committed to live by the values of faith, dignity, stewardship and justice.
Please go to our website, www.dioceseofcleveland.org, for more information about the mission, persons, and ministries of our diocese.
The Office for Human Life educates and inspires people throughout the diocese to be stewards of the gift of life that God has given us. Under the supervision of the Director, the Project Coordinator will assist in the overall management of ministry programs and activities in support of the consistent ethic of life and help prepare our diocese for a post Roe v. Wade world. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of the Church's teachings on issues from conception to natural death, and commitment to the values of faith, dignity, stewardship and justice.
- Assist with coordination of Human Life events and programs, including the annual Mass for Life, Respect Life month, Project Rachel, Walking with Moms in Need, and advocacy for life issues such as the death penalty and human trafficking.
- Maintain and monitor project plans, schedules, budgets, and expenditures.
- Organize, attend, and participate in project planning meetings. Document and follow up on important actions and decisions.
- Ensure project deadlines are met.
- Answer general inquiries and provide needed and confidential assistance as required, including assisting callers on the crisis help lines.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Undertake project tasks as required.
- Maintains the Human Life presence on the website as well as other social media platforms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic Church, its teachings and traditions. Strong commitment to the consistent ethic of life and missionary impulse of the Catholic Church.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent and at least three (3) years prior administrative project coordination experience.
- Familiarity with major life-related issues in the U.S.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in ways that are articulate and persuasive.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel), virtual meeting platforms, and ability to use project management tools such as Microsoft Teams.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently, very organized, detail-oriented.
- Team player, able to work in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to multitask as this role will handle multiple projects at one time.
- Flexible with the ability to adapt and anticipate changes affecting events and/or schedules.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and a completed Diocese of Cleveland Employment application, including contact information for three (3) professional references using the below form. Application must be completed in full, please avoid advising to “see resume” within any application fields. Position will remain open until filled.