FORMED.org, an online tool known to refresh traditional parish resources by providing on-demand, web and mobile application is providing complimentary access to anyone in the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland for a 40-day time period.
In a custom website designed for the diocese, FORMED provided this statement; “Welcome Diocese of Cleveland parishioners. During these challenging times, we are extending complimentary access to FORMED.org for all parishioners in the diocese for 40 days.”
“At a time when our culture is dependent on the digital world to connect us to others while remaining within our homes, it is essential we use the power of technology to also encounter Jesus,” said Miguel Chavez, director of the Office of Missionary Discipleship for the diocese. Chavez said that the videos, Bible studies and reflections may help Catholics searching for ways to feel grateful during these hard times. “FORMED is designed to be user-friendly and is a great way to develop a deeper understanding of our Catholic faith from the comforts of home,” he said.
The diocese, in partnership with the Augustine Institute, launched access to FORMED last May. FORMED customizes one’s personal faith experience on any smartphone, tablet or computer. FORMED was created to expand the range of resources and respond to consumer demand for dynamic content in an age where Amazon and Netflix are commonplace options.
To receive the complimentary 40-day access follows these steps:
1. Visit the custom sign up page HERE
2. Type Diocese of Cleveland and select the 1404 address for the location
3. Enter your name and email address
4. Click submit and within seconds the FORMED homepage will open up
Top picks for LENT and during COVID Crisis:
- (Bible Study) The Solemnity of St. Joseph, a live event Bible study on FORMED
- (Prayer and meditation) the stations of the cross, a 30-minute video experience with cantorum
- (Video series for families) “Dream: Live with Purpose, Learn to Dream.” This series features stories of diverse people from around the world who found purpose when they embraced their God-given dreams.
- (Watch) “Soldiers of the Pope.” Viewers are able to go behind the walls of the Vatican and learn the daily life of the smallest army in the world, the Swiss Guard.
- (Animated series for kids) “The Witness of the Trilogy” – a three- part series. In this animated story, children will discover the power and love of Jesus Christ and see why his followers risked to carry his message to the end of the earth.
- (A digital story time for kids) “The Suitcases: A Story About Giving” by Jane Meyer. This picture book celebrates a young boy’s enthusiasm to put into practice the words of Christ: to feed and cloth the poor, help the needy and love one’s neighbor.