A total of seven schools in the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland – five high schools and two elementaries – were among nearly 60 schools honored as 2019-2020 Cleveland Clinic Banner Schools. The award recognizes schools that have gone above and beyond in leveraging community resources to advance student learning.
Archbishop Hoban, Akron; Beaumont School, Cleveland Heights; Lake Catholic High School, Mentor; Padua Franciscan High School, Parma; Trinity High School, Garfield Heights; Our Lady of Angels School in Cleveland’s West Park neighborhood; and St. Mary School, Chardon are the Catholic schools from the diocese that were recognized as Banner Schools.
The Cleveland Clinic K-12 Education offers programs designed to promote health and wellness, academic achievement, and career readiness for students in grades K-12. Clinic officials credit ambitious teachers and supportive administrators for delivering the opportunities to students, applauding them and recognizing them as pacesetters.
By meeting stringent implementation and participation criteria, Banner Schools maximize student enrichment, promote continuous programmatic improvement, and earn a distinction shared by fewer than 24% of the 264 schools in 10 states that participated in the clinic’s 2019–2020 programming.
Banner Schools maximize student enrichment and promote continuous programmatic improvement by meeting the following criteria.
Model Program Implementation:
- Administration of student assessments
- Meeting of registration/submission deadlines
- Completion of stakeholder feedback surveys
Robust Program Participation:
- Completion of all Adventures in Health Science and Medicine Connected Learning sessions and the IDEA$ Challenge; or
- Completion of four or more Dangerous Decibels® sessions; or
- Completion of eXpressions® program by 30 or more students in one submission category, 20 or more students in two submission categories, or 10 or more students in all three submission categories (Art, Language, and Math); or
- Completion of the Judging Innovation program; or
- Completion of three or more Health Unleashed!™ lessons, engaging a total of 30 or more students; or
- Completion of 10 or more Worldwide Classroom® sessions.
Click here for more information on this year’s Banner Schools.