Following the celebration of Mass, all those in attendance are encouraged to follow the guidelines below to maintain safe practices as they exit.
- Ushers should direct the departure of families and individuals in an organized manner adhering to social distancing guidelines.
- Ushers are not to hand out bulletins or other materials without masks, gloves and six feet of distancing.
- Family units should depart the church in an organized manner wearing masks and observing six feet of distance between themselves, other individuals, or households.
Pastor Greetings / Gatherings
- Clergy and other ministers can acknowledge the faithful as they leave but only with social distancing and no physical contact such as a handshake or hug.
- There are to be no receptions or social gatherings (i.e. coffee and donuts) following Mass.
Cleaning of Vessels
- Cleaning of the vessels should utilize warm, soapy water.
- Presiders are to use their own chalices.
Cleaning of Church
- All pews, kneelers and other high-trafficked areas of the church including restroom facilities, doorhandles, push plates and knobs should be sanitized before the next service, with the removal of trash and other items from the pews.
- All those who are cleaning or preparing the church should be masked and should wear gloves.