On the cover is Mollie Stracensky, a Holy Name High School senior, who with her mother Vicki, wrote “Rockin’ the Rosary,” a hardback guide on how to pray the rosary. Learn about how the mother/daughter duo found the inspiration for the book and how faith impacts their lives.
Also in this issue:
- Bishop Edward Malesic reflects on how Catholic schools across the diocese are entering into an exciting new era.
- Just in time for Catholic Schools Week – which begins on Jan. 30 – there are stories about some of the things happening in schools across the diocese. Learn how St. Anthony of Padua School in Akron embraces diversity; how two students at St. Albert the Great School in North Royalton partnered with the Christ Child Society of Cleveland to collect and distribute hats and gloves for preschoolers living in poverty; and how the St. Andre Scholars Program helps St. Edward High School in Lakewood live its mission.
- Frank O’Linn, diocesan superintendent of schools, shares his thoughts on what the Catholic schools have to celebrate.
- Get an update on Keeping the Faith: The Future of Catholic Elementary Schools.
- Details on the annual Evening of Confession are outlined.
- Stan, a participant in Catholic Charities’ Summit County Adult Day services program, talks about what the program means to him.
- “In the Know with Father Joe” focuses on how to become who God calls us to be.
- As the diocese prepares for its 175th anniversary, archivist Emily Ahlin reflects on how the Catholic Universe Bulletin helped chronicle diocesan history for 141 years.
- This issue also includes regular features like the clergy assignment changes, obituaries for priests and deacons, News Briefs and Things to Do listings.
If you don’t receive the magazine and would like to be added to the mailing list, call 216-696-6525, Ext. 2610.