"We must remember that prayerful discernment has to be born of an openness to listening - to the Lord and others, and to reality itself - which always challenges us in new ways." - Pope Francis, Christus Vivit, 284 (quoted from Gaudete et exsultate, 171)
The purpose of the Office of Young Adult Ministry is to:
- Connect all Catholics between 18-39 to Jesus and to the Church.
- Accompany young adults and those who serve them on their journey of faith.
- Create "parish collaboratives" that offer a myriad of opportunities for young adults within a parish structure.
- Provide spiritual development opportunities for young adults diocesan wide through retreats, conferences and connection to spiritual direction services.
- Empower parishes and groups to host young adult social, service and spiritual events.
- Connect young adults with ways to participate in local community service activities.
- Provide opportunities for young adults to dialogue with the church and with other young adults.
- Connect young adults with National Organizations in Young Adult Ministry.