The latest issue of Northeast Ohio Catholic magazine is arriving at homes throughout the eight-county Diocese of Cleveland. In this issue:
- Bishop Edward Malesic reflects on the lessons he learned during the pandemic in his From the Bishop column.
- Featured on the cover of the July/August magazine is the story of Robbie Boyce, a Saint Ignatius High school student who survived a near-fatal stroke last fall and his amazing recovery. The Boyce family credits their faith, including prayers from family and friends, for his return to health.
- Umberto and Maryellen Fedeli talk about their faith and family and Maryellen shares one of her family’s favorite recipes in the Culture feature.
- Bryan Istenes’ quest to visit all parishes in the diocese was delayed a bit by the coronavirus pandemic, but he is nearing his goal.
- Sister Rita Mary Harwood, who heads the Parish Life and Development Secretariat, reflects on her 27 years in that position as she prepares for a new chapter in her life.
- A pastor, a donor and a trio of seminarians talk what the Heart of a Shepherd campaign means to them and why they decided to participate.
- Get a look at the four newly ordained priests in the diocese and the newest permanent deacon, as well as a list of those celebrating significant anniversaries in their religious congregations.
- Father Gary Yanus gets the Last Word as he reflects on a typical day in his parents’ lives.
- Also included are regular features like the clergy assignment changes, obituaries for priests and deacons, Things to Do Listings and In the Know with Father Joe.
If you don’t receive the magazine and would like to be added to the mailing list, call 216-696-6525, Ext. 2610.