Delegate for Religious, Secretariat for Clergy and Religious, Catholic Diocese of Cleveland
Clergy & Religious - CLEVELAND, OH
DIOCESE OF CLEVELAND
SECRETARIAT FOR CLERGY AND RELIGIOUS
DELEGATE FOR RELIGIOUS
The Catholic Diocese of Cleveland was founded on April 23, 1847, and is the twenty-third largest diocese in the United States. The Diocese encompasses the counties of Cuyahoga, Summit, Lorain, Lake, Geauga, Medina, Wayne and Ashland. There are approximately 700,000 Catholics in the Diocese, and Catholic Charities-Diocese of Cleveland is one of the largest diocesan systems of social services in the world. There are 185 parishes, 110 Catholic schools, 1 pastoral center and 1 mission office within the Diocese.
Please go to our website, www.dioceseofcleveland.org, for more information about the mission, persons, and ministries of our diocese.
Position Summary: The Delegate for Religious, a member of the Secretariat for Clergy and Religious. The Delegate for Religious represents the Bishop in a personal way to the Religious of the Diocese to assist the Bishop in knowing the Religious and to help him fulfill his responsibility to animate, encourage and support a vigorous religious life in the Diocese of Cleveland.
The Delegate for Religious reports to the Secretary for Clergy and Religious.
- Know religious communities and religious in a personal way by occasional visits to religious houses, convents, monasteries, and sharing Liturgies and prayer occasionally
- Assist religious who seek counsel and spiritual direction
- Be available for personal appointments with religious
- Attend religious professions, community elections, jubilees, funerals and other ceremonies as Delegate for the Bishop
- Process canonical documents, dispensations, transfers, special permissions, etc., and exercise all the other delegated faculties of a Vicar for Religious; except those faculties which are reserved to an Episcopal Vicar
- Collaborate with other offices in matters affecting religious
- Be an active member of the Secretariat for Clergy and Religious
- Prepare the Budget for Office for Religious
- Coordinate the Retirement Fund for Religious Appeal in the diocese
- Organize, with the Vocation Office, the diocese celebration of religious jubilees
- Prepare communications relating to Religious
- Gather data; maintain records, reports; handle correspondence, review current literature on religious life; and facilitate communications through memoranda, letters, etc.
- Establish and attend regular meetings of leaders of locally based religious communities with the Bishop
- Perform other appropriate professional responsibilities and duties upon request
- Be a member of CORL, National Conference of Vicars for Religious, PIRL, and the Tabor Grant Review Committee
- Must be a Catholic in full communion with the Catholic Church and supportive of the Church’s mission, teachings, traditions, and values
- Must be a member of a religious congregation
- Basic understanding of religious congregations
- Knowledge and understanding of Church and its mission that will facilitate objectivity in dealing with individuals and Congregations
- Ability to listen to and respond constructively to both individual and congregational needs and concerns without violating confidences nor interfering with internal affairs of Congregations
- Administrative or leadership experience in religious congregations or specifically related experience
- Orientation to canon law as it relates to religious
- Strong communication and public relation skills
- Familiarity with the institutions and mission of the Church in the Diocese of Cleveland
Please submit cover letter and resume and completed Diocese of Cleveland Employment Application using the below form. All materials must be submitted for consideration. Position will remain open until filled.